Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > My first experience with IM 508 on 2017 ...
My first experience with IM 508 on 2017 Nissan Pathfinder, Smart key

1371 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2020-08-31 06:20:33

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-08-30 20:00:10

All I wanted to do was add a customer supplied 5 button  Smart key , not erase all and start from scratch as all keys lost.situation.
    I think Autel should have a Add Smart key selection on the  menu, and when you click on it, explain that in order to add a Smart key that all the customers keys will need to be present and be programmed again including the one you wish to add by selecting All keys Lost. The instructions are vague to say the least. I kept failing  , then tried my Maxi Sys Elite that failed and no keys worked . I went back to the IM508 and tried all keys lost and was able to add the original 5 button Nissan Smart key back fine, but the customer supplied an aftermarket 5 button Smart key he bought off Amazon lacking the Nissan emblem wouldn't take. Both remotes 5 buttons when pushed were detected by my TS401 set to test RKE output just fine, but on the IM508 set to programmer selection for the XP200 to read the type of chips in the proximity keys,was only able to identify the chip in the OE Smart key, and not the aftermarket one he supplied for me to program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW8wqorPoxk&t=1s

•   Level 7   
    (1593) points
    promaster

2020-08-31 06:20:33 (Reply to:witsend)

Total1 Pages